Providing a meeting point for app creators to collaborate on offering the best Linux user experience.
- Offer a space for the different system and app creators to meet and build together.
- Nurture a welcoming ecosystem which promotes diversity and participation.
- Establish a go-to event for creators developing applications for non-Linux platforms, and provide an environment to learn how to embrace Linux-based systems.
- Shed light on how to make products for the Linux platform sustainable; be it technically, economically, or otherwise.
- Stimulate collaboration within the ecosystem.
- Offer a coherent front to 3rd party application developers who want to make sure their software is available on Linux.
- Enable a business-friendly environment.
- Facilitate app creators to meet key contributors, projects, businesses, and organizations in the Linux app ecosystem.
- Reliably provide physical space for conversations to happen.
- Provide a space where people can discuss what they are working on and care about.
- Make sure different approaches to Linux application creation, distribution, and any concept in-between, are heard and can be accounted for.
- We organised a joint conference between GNOME and KDE.
- Most of those who could and wanted, managed to come and know us, explain their story.
- We exposed ourselves as a unified front to 3rd party providers as well as possible sponsors.
- We reiterate, we are here to stay
- We continue the conversation with the 3rd parties, we find ways to get them more involved.
- We co-locate and manage to get our voice out more easily.
- We move to spring
- We build upon last year’s work